Thursday, April 14, 2016

Bookish Bucketlists with Paved with Books

This week I have Cilla from Paved With Books joining us for Bookish Bucketlists. She is sharing a list of books she wants to read "some day". Lets see what they are.


Despite my fondness for making up to-do lists on a daily basis, I have never made a bucketlist. I have some vague ideas about what I want to do before I die, but they’re just that - vague. So it’s taken me a while to settle on a topic for this post. What I found while I was brainstorming was that I keep coming back to the books I’ve been told to read and I’ve told them ‘sure, maybe someday’. So, here are some of the books I’d like to read someday:


1. Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. My parents love Ken Follet, and I do want to know why. I actually started reading this book, but I wasn’t ready to commit to a book that huge at the time. Also, I wasn’t prepared for the violence.

2. Romance of The Three Kingdoms. My father owns the translated version of this Chinese historical epic - three volumes of bricks with tiny fonts. He started telling me to read it when I was thirteen, and the idea seemed so incredulous at that stage that I just... didn’t want to. Now that I’m older, I can see the merit of reading it, so I’m more open to the idea. It’s still sitting on my bookshelf at home.

3. The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck. Pearl S. Buck is one of my mum’s favourite authors, and this is the one she said to start with if I ever want to tackle her books. It looks really interesting, actually; I just haven’t gotten around to it.
4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I downloaded a free copy from iBooks years ago, and it’s still sitting in my phone unread. Seeing the movie first didn’t help my motivation, I think, as I keep thinking I need to be in the mood for tragic stories.

5. The entire Agatha Christie collection. Okay, technically no one’s told me to read all of her books, but my aunt owns a lot of them. I’ve read five so far, and I actually love them, so I’d love to get through her bibliography.

Thanks so much Cilla for sharing your Bookish Bucketlist. Check out more from Cilla over at Paved with books. 

 I'd love to have you for a future edition of Bookish Bucketlists! If you are interested check out this post and sign up!

1 comment:

  1. Most of my bucket list reads are classics too. All Jane Austens, Wuthering Heights and Great Gatsby.

    ReplyDelete